High-quality vinyl windows are popular for good reason: they combine durability, performance, and beauty at a reasonable price point. Let’s look at the pros and cons of vinyl replacement windows so that you can make the right choice for your Denver area home.
What Are Vinyl Replacement Windows?
Vinyl windows are made from PVC (polyvinyl chloride), with a honeycomb design within. The internal air spaces increase the frame’s insulation value, effectively keeping conditioned air in and hot summer (or cold winter) air out. This design also helps prevent window condensation. The material resists impacts, fading, and water damage with minimal maintenance required. Some of the vinyl replacement windows we offer include:
- Bay windows
- Single hung windows
- Double hung windows
- Casement windows
- Picture windows
- Garden windows
- Slider windows
- And more
Contact Zen Windows Denver for vinyl window installation today.
Pros & Cons of Vinyl Windows
Advantages of vinyl windows from Zen Windows Denver include:
- Durability — Vinyl windows are built to last up to three decades, and they resist fading and peeling from UV exposure (sunlight and heat).
- Cost-effectiveness and return on investment — These windows could cost less than other options, such as wood, or fiberglass and can raise a home’s resale value. Vinyl windows have an ROI of nearly 75%, a terrific return that makes these windows one of the better home improvement investments.
- Little to no need for maintenance — No painting or refinishing is necessary since the color is part of the material, rather than sitting on the surface (as paint or stain does on wood or fiberglass windows.)
- Energy efficiency — Double- or triple-pane window glass will especially impact your windows’ energy efficiency.
- Easy installation — Vinyl windows offer a simpler, quicker installation than other options.
- Heat warping — Extreme temperature could cause damage, although caulk can easily fill any minor air leaks that occur over time.
- Expansion and contraction — Typically only an issue in lower quality vinyl windows, varying temperature could cause the vinyl to expand and contract. (Our superbly designed vinyl windows are specifically engineered to stand up to the local high-altitude, summer climate.)
- Less insulation value — A vinyl frame may have less insulation value when compared to other materials, although it’s slightly thicker than fiberglass window frames. However, the frame’s insulation value is still quite good, and the glass is by far the largest factor in determining the total energy efficiency of the window.
Learn More About Vinyl Windows for Your Denver Area Home
At Zen Windows Denver, we offer three different lines of replacement windows to appeal to all of our customers’ individual needs and wants. The Karma, Nirvana, and Lotus lines of window all provide great features, with each providing more than the last.
With expert installation and superior products from Zen Windows Denver, your vinyl windows will live up to their potential for longevity and energy-efficient performance. We believe in top-notch customer care and are ready to provide expert advice on double hung vinyl replacement windows, vinyl casement windows, and all other types. We stand behind our windows and installation services with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
For a free quote on vinyl replacement windows for your home, contact Zen Windows Denver online or call us at (303) 507-5206 today.