Double-Hung vs. Single-Hung Windows
Single-hung windows also have an upper and lower sash, so they look the same as double-hung windows from a distance. However, the top sash in a single-hung window is fixed in place, and only the bottom one is moveable. Double-hung windows have sashes that can move up and down.
Other distinctions include:
- Price: Because they have more moving parts, double-hung windows tend to be more expensive than single-hung windows.
- Ventilation: You generally get better ventilation with double-hung windows as you can open both sashes. This feature also helps improve fresh air circulation.
- Energy savings: Depending on the type of glass you choose, both single and double-hung windows can be energy-efficient. However, double- and triple-paned windows are more energy-efficient than single-paned ones, especially if you order models with gas insulation between the panes. The key to optimal energy efficiency, no matter which type of window you choose, is expert installation.
Want to learn more about single-, double-, and triple-paned windows? Let Zen Windows Denver handle all your window needs. Contact us online today or call us at (303) 507-5206 for a fast and no-obligation quote.
Are Double-Hung Windows More Expensive Than Single-Hung Windows?
In initial costs, yes, double-hung windows are more expensive than single-hung versions. However, what you pay upfront is an investment that is paid back through the time you save in cleaning them and the increased ventilation they provide.
Why Choose Zen Windows Denver?
When you’re ready to schedule the installation of replacement double-hung windows, Zen Windows Denver is the company you can trust to get the job done right. When you choose us, you receive:
- Hassle-free quotes. You won’t believe how easy our quote process is! Just give us a call, and in about 10 minutes or less, we’ll have all the information we need to email you a quote within one business day.
- A better process. Our entire double-hung window installation process is designed to be relaxed and streamlined.
- Hands-on ownership. Our owners provide hands-on service that reflects how much we value your business. We care about every aspect of the customer experience. You’ll always have direct access to someone who can get you fast answers and solutions to any questions, concerns, or problems you might have. There’s nothing like working with a window installation company that believes in its customers being able to pick up the phone and get the help they need.
- No deposits. You won’t find many window companies in Denver that don’t ask for any deposit or payment until the job is completed! With Zen Windows Denver handling the installation of your home’s double-hung windows, you never have to worry — because you don’t pay until you’re fully satisfied with a job well done.
- Payment plans – Our simple and hassle-free policies include convenient payment plans. Applying for financing is easy, and our terms are highly competitive.
If you’re looking to schedule double-hung window replacements, look no further than the team at Zen Windows Denver. Contact us online today or call us at (303) 507-5206 for a fast and no-obligation quote.
Zen Windows Denver is the area’s top-rated window replacement company. We hold an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and have won numerous Angie’s List Super Service Awards. We’re proud to say our customers love the Zen Windows Denver process and products. We’re ready to provide you with the same exceptional service for all your double-hung window needs!
Ready to enjoy all the benefits of double-hung windows in your Denver home? Contact Zen Windows Denver online today or call us at (303) 507-5206 for a fast, free, no-obligation quote.
Frequently Asked Questions About Double-Hung Windows
How much do double-hung windows cost?
The size, frame material, and energy-efficient options you choose determine the cost of your replacement double-hung windows. The fastest and easiest way to find out much replacement windows for your home will cost is to schedule a free estimate with Zen Windows Denver.
Can double-hung windows save energy?
Windows with double- or triple-pane glass with argon/krypton gas between the panes provide the highest level of energy savings available because the gas increases the window’s insulating properties. Be sure to choose windows with the ENERGY STAR® label, which is awarded to the most energy-efficient windows on the market.
How do you clean double-hung windows?
The tilt-in sash on double-hung windows makes them a breeze to clean. No more going outside or climbing on a ladder!
Which material is best for double-hung window frames?
Wood and vinyl-framed windows are the two most popular options. Wood windows have numerous drawbacks, including the amount of maintenance they require and their higher cost. When wood frames warp or rot, they no longer fit correctly, making opening and closing the window difficult. They also allow air to leak in and out of your home, leading to higher energy bills. Aesthetically, wood-framed windows tend to fade over time due to sun and weather exposure. On the other hand, vinyl frames are not affected by rain or moisture and are less expensive than wood. They’re also available in a wide range of fade-resistant colors.
When should I upgrade to new double-hung windows?
For lower quality windows, you might want to replace your existing windows with new double-hung windows if they’re more than seven years old. We recommend that you replace higher-quality windows after 15 to 20 years. If your energy bills are higher than usual or you feel drafts coming from your windows, you’ll notice a huge difference after you invest in a window upgrade.