No matter what type, size, or material you need, Zen Windows Denver can provide a quality replacement window for your home in Denver and the surrounding areas. One of the more popular choices we install is the casement window. Casement windows combine simple operation with practical design, which allows your view and/or window treatments to be the center of attention.
What Are Casement Windows?
Unlike a more traditional window like a double hung, casement windows are hinged along one side, opening like a door to either the left or right. Casements open using a crank system and can provide an uninterrupted view of the outdoor surroundings, along with excellent ventilation. The streamlined, clean design of casement windows reinforces these attributes in modern houses. For traditional homes, a casement window can easily blend in with more ornate architecture—or add a contemporary element to the home’s design.
At Zen Windows Denver, we offer casement windows in a variety of sizes and configurations, such as square, rectangular, thin vertical, or thin horizontal rectangle. We can order and install your casement windows as single-lite fixed (does not open and is sometimes referred to as a casement picture window) or vented (can be opened), two-lite horizontal, three-lite with fixed center lite and vented sidelites–and more options.
Casement window screens go on the inside of the window, and screens can be coordinated with the interior frame so that they blend with the window. Keep in mind that casement windows open outward, and outside clearance is needed, so that they don’t interfere with a narrow walkway, for example. Simply let us know what you need or envision, and we’ll provide a free estimate that you can rely on. Then, we’ll take precise, professional measurements at your home and complete a flawless installation.
There is also another form of casement windows—French casement windows, which are divided into two sections and then open outward like French doors.
Advantages of Casement Windows
New or replacement casement windows offer many benefits for local homeowners. Casement windows from Zen Windows Denver:
- Offer an unobstructed view of the outdoors, which makes casement windows a popular option for living rooms or sunrooms.
- Won’t interfere (physically) or clash (design-wise) with any style of window treatments you choose.
- Provide customizable ventilation—open completely or just an inch, as you wish. This is ideal for kitchens or bathrooms.
- When made with insulated glass, the windows provide optimal energy efficiency.
- Are easily controlled with folding window handles designed to function smoothly so that you can open to the desired amount.
- Are well-made, to the highest quality standards. The windows are incredibly durable, using stainless steel hardware with a reinforced window frame.
- Feature sturdy, built-to-last cam locks, which are secured at 2 or more points for security, but can be opened with a single, convenient handle.
- Are easy to clean from inside your house when opened to a full 90-degree angle.
- Can be customized to your taste and to complement your home’s style. Choose the indoor frame color, exterior frame color, glass type, grid, hardware finish, and more.
If you’re looking for a similar style, consider awning windows, which are hinged along the top, rather than the side.
Our Casement Windows Are Made for High Altitude
In the Denver area of Colorado, high elevations have led to some unique requirements for our windows. As you ascend higher, the air pressure decreases; it becomes less dense. This makes it harder to maintain a strong seal on the window. It also affects the way the gas between the panes expands and contracts with changing temperatures.
Zen Windows Denver glass professionals understand what special requirements should be met for high-altitude casement windows:
- Argon or krypton gas infills keep heat inside your home
- Low-E coating for summer heat
- Multiple panes separated by small air gaps
- Non-metallic spacers
- Superior quality frame material
When you partner with us for casement window installation, you can be sure your windows are customized for high altitudes and extreme weather. Your casement windows will be architecturally compatible with your structure and increase your property value!
Get Quality Windows & Expert Installation by Zen Windows Denver
Our window installation company in Denver offers a variety of windows that will look great in any area of your home. We provide three lines of different windows depending on your budget and need for certain features. Our good, better, and best options for replacement windows include:
- Karma – Our base model window is a double-pane with fusion welded sashes and a frame built for durability.
- Nirvana – The Nirvana is a step above the Karma and offers more features like foam in the frame, which increases the window’s insulation and efficiency ratings.
- Lotus – This triple-pane replacement window is the most efficient type of window we offer. It features all of the advantages you get with the Karma and Nirvana and comes in Ultra S and Solar Ultra S Glass options.
For a fast, free, and accurate quote on your new or replacement casement windows, no home visit is required. Our skilled window specialists offer top quality installation and customer service. We guarantee our products and installation services for your satisfaction. Simply contact Zen Windows Denver online or call (303) 507-5206 now!
Some of the frequently asked questions we receive about our high-altitude casement windows include:
Are casement windows secure?
With other windows, once you break the glass it’s easy to reach inside and unlock. Casement windows are very hard to break into.
Can I install a casement window to meet egress requirements?
Yes. As an egress, casement windows have hinges on the side to swing in or out. They are well-suited for smaller basements.
Which is better, push-out or crank-out casements?
It’s up to you. With crank-outs, you turn the crank repeatedly until you reach the desired opening. Push-outs are just that; they require one gentle push, so they’re easier to open. Both window types offer excellent durability and energy efficiency.
What types of casement windows are available?
Casement windows have many styles and configurations! Every casement window style can be customized for your home. The basic types of casement windows are:
- French/double – Cost slightly more but lower maintenance; offers controlled ventilation and unobstructed view
- Push-out – Extremely durable and all-weather efficient; operates with a handle; tilt-in only and can be locked even when open
- Single-frame – Can open outward or in; offers ventilation without compromising security