Bow Windows for Your Denver Home
Could it be time to replace your rickety, old windows? If you’re interested in adding a unique architectural feature at the same time, consider installing bow windows. These are a distinctive replacement window option known for delivering much more than just enhanced energy efficiency. They also increase natural light and ventilation, add square footage, and bring a new layer of sophistication to your home.
Could bow windows be right for your Denver or Colorado Springs home? To find out more, please contact Zen Windows Denver at (303) 507-5206 today.
What Are Bow Windows?
Bow windows are similar to bay windows, another option that adds architectural interest. Bow windows consist of four to six windows (called lites) that protrude from the home’s foundation in a graceful arch. This is what distinguishes them from bay windows, which have one large central lite flanked by two narrower lites.
Benefits of Bow Windows
Depending on your home’s structural elements, its proximity to the property line, and your personal preferences, bay and bow windows could both be viable options. Consider the benefits of bow windows to help you determine if this is the right choice for your Colorado home.
- More natural light and expansive views: With 180 degrees of arched glass, both bay and bow windows let in more sunlight and provide a wider viewing angle than ordinary windows. These qualities make the room a more inviting place to hang out with family and friends.
- Slimmer profile: If your house is too close to a sidewalk or property line, bow windows are likely the right choice. They don’t extend as far from the foundation as bay windows, yet they still lend a unique architectural quality and add enough space to build a window seat or create a cozy reading nook.
- Increased ventilation: With bay windows, the large, central lite is usually a picture window, meaning it doesn’t open. However, it’s possible for all four to six lites in a bow window to open, usually as casement windows that swing outward or double-hung windows that slide up and down.
Our Bow Windows Are Made for High Altitude
Requirements for high-altitude windows are different from those in other areas of the U.S. As you ascend higher, air pressure decreases and becomes less dense. This makes it harder to maintain a strong seal on windows. It also affects the way the gas between the panes expands and contracts with changing temperatures.
Zen Windows Denver glass professionals understand what special requirements should be met for Denver, CO high-altitude bow windows:
- Argon or krypton gas infills keep heat inside your home
- Low-E coating for the summer heat
- Multiple panes separated by small air gaps
- Non-metallic spacers
- Superior quality frame material
Bow windows are a terrific upgrade to your property! When you partner with Zen Windows Denver, you can be sure your bow windows will be customized for high altitudes and extreme weather. These beautiful windows will complete the architectural flow of your home.
Be sure to compare our replacement windows for:
- Castle Pines
- Castle Rock
- Highlands Ranch
Bow Window Replacement in Denver & Colorado Springs
Perhaps your existing bow windows need an upgrade, or you want your window replacement project to include adding this architectural feature. Either way, Zen Windows has the top-rated products you’re looking for. We offer three distinct window lines with prices and characteristics that appeal to every Denver homeowner’s budget and preferences. These include:
- Karma – These high-performance, double-pane windows are secure, energy-efficient, and designed for cold winters like those in Colorado.
- Nirvana – Choose this line to enjoy some of the most thermally effective double-pane windows available anywhere.
- Lotus – Optimize efficiency and performance with triple-pane windows from this line. Lotus windows come complete with Ultra S and Solar Ultra S glass options to reduce heat transfer through the window with maximum effectiveness.
Contact Zen Windows Denver
There’s no denying the impressive appearance and efficiency of high-quality bow windows. Of course, the only way to fully appreciate the addition is if your new windows are installed properly. Zen Windows has the experience needed to deliver a job well done every time. Plus, we take pride in our no-pressure sales approach and dedication to customer satisfaction. We require no down payments, offer rock-solid estimates upfront, and deliver double warranty coverage for your peace of mind.
Let us make your home more beautiful, functional, and energy-efficient—contact us today at (303) 507-5206 to ask questions or receive a free quote for bow window installation in Denver or Colorado Springs.
Some of the frequently asked questions we receive include:
Are high-altitude bow windows more challenging, architecturally?
High-altitude bow windows aren’t all that challenging to install for professionals, but they are definitely more versatile. They can be installed to wrap around the corner of your home, for example. For creativity, nothing beats bow windows.
Are bow windows more expensive?
You’ll pay 2-3 times more for bow windows than flat windows. But with Zen Windows’ energy-efficient features, the monthly savings on your energy bill will be noticeable. Also, bow windows increase your property value; they deliver a substantial ROI (return on investment).
What are the disadvantages of high-altitude bow windows?
You’ll pay a bit more for bow windows that open. One of the biggest disadvantages we hear is that bow windows are so distinctive, they make your house look different from the other homes in your neighborhood. But that’s also one of the biggest advantages: Bow windows can make your home a standout!
What’s the difference between bow and bay windows?
They’re pretty similar! Beautiful bow and bay windows “open up” rooms, adding sunlight and increasing ventilation control. Bay windows have three panes. Bow windows can have four or five, so they usually add more natural light.