Awning style windows are hinged at the top and open outward. Sometimes called push-out or swing-out windows, these open easily with just the turn of a handle. Undeniably attractive, awning windows are also practical, allowing you to open them for fresh air even when it’s raining. Awning windows can be used on their own or alongside, above, or below other types of windows.
How Are Awning Windows Used?
Awning windows are often installed high on walls for privacy and typically open less than 90 degrees. The high wall location is ideal for basements, where the windows bring in much-needed natural light to brighten the space. Operational or fixed awning windows may also be installed above doors, as a transom. Awnings make for great ventilation when used with a fixed window, such as a picture window.
Screens, if needed, are installed inside awning windows. Awning windows require outside clearance since they open outward. Avoid using them where outdoor spaces are tight, such as if your home is very close to a fence and/or pathway. They may not be ideal for balconies or porches, where someone passing by could brush against, or run into, the open awning window. Choose a window style with a flat profile for these needs.
For additional information about new or replacement awning windows, contact Zen Windows Denver today. You can dial (303) 507-5206 or contact our window replacement company online.
Awning Window Advantages
Awning style windows from Zen Windows Denver:
- Provide ventilation, even during rain.
- Offer privacy without depriving you of natural light when placed high on a wall.
- Make terrific basement windows fitting into the (usually small) above-ground space, where other windows might not fit or would be difficult to open.
- Work well when placed below or above fixed picture windows. You get fresh air (from the awning) plus an uninterrupted view from the picture window.
- Are versatile and can be used in creative configurations with other types of windows.
- Make a unique architectural statement when used non-traditionally. For instance, multiple awning windows placed one above the other in a floor-to-ceiling column add visual interest to a contemporary home. Awning windows placed below multiple tall picture windows in a horizontal row create a striking, modern appearance.
Awning window prices depend upon your specific needs and plans. Costs are always affordable when you choose Zen Windows Denver, and we offer free estimates.
Zen Windows Sells & Installs Awning Windows in Denver, CO
Our awning windows offer versatility and style, working in situations where larger windows just won’t fit. At Zen Windows, we’re excellent window installers who are also dedicated to customer care. We strive to exceed your expectations by doing our best work every day, for every client. We stand behind our awning window products and installation services, guaranteeing your complete satisfaction.